Age: 24 and on the brink of hitting my quarter life crisis
Sign: Virgo (barely)
Favorite Sport: Dodgeball – ( Yes, it’s a sport, don’t judge)
Favorite Food: Tropical Dots
Hobbies: Baking, crafting, people watching, sparkles, MTV’s the State, writing letters, making mixed CD’s, eating frozen yogurt, alternative big kid sports, running, post scripts
I’m usually thinking about: if I were making the soundtrack to my life what song would be playing right now.
Height: 5’10 – Hence my complete and utter inability to wear heals
Hair color: after finally ditching my goth-ish black hair… I am now a completely normal shade of golden brown
Eye color: brown with a twinkle of hope in them
Things I find attractive on the opposite sex/first things I notice:
- Hygiene – are you slightly unkempt or dirty, yet still socially acceptable?
- Facial hair – I’ve grown to love a good beard or an ironic (well kept) mustache – though not a requirement, on the right person, I love it.
- Eyes – Yes, this is very cliché but it’s on everyone’s list for a reason. You can’t deny that beautiful eyes can make your heart melt.
- Someone that can make me laugh. Not just a polite chuckle but a belly laugh that makes your sides ache.
Well, my average number of dates per person tends to hover around 3 or 4. Is this by choice? Sometimes yes but mostly no. I think I might have “why aren’t they calling me back?” syndrome that many women suffer from. I’ve also discovered that people I have no interest in, love me. While those who make my heart go a flutter, stand clear.
Why I’m doing this:
My life often plays out like a sitcom, so why not share it with the world. Now, if only my life had a laugh track….
Perhaps this blog will:
- Help me observe my dating habits
- Make me reexamine the type of person that I would like to be dating
- Finally validate that yes, it is in fact them and not me
- Confirm my biggest fear that it is me and not them.
I have decided to explore ALL methods of dating. I am going to try my hand at:
- Online dating
- Speed dating
- Self-help dating books
- Blind dates
- Bars/social events