Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Basics: Emily

Hi All - as our first post, we are submitting the "Dossier" on one of our contributors, Emily

Stats:

Name: Emily

Age: 29 (but I’m told I look 25, and I’ve decided recently that when someone guesses that age, that I will reply, “good guess!” and let them believe that I am, in fact, 25).

Sign (seems like a bunch of nonsensical dribble but its a pretty accurate description): Pisces, Aries cusp – meaning: The Pisces/Aries cusp combination, also known as the Cusp of Rebirth, is the most favorable and desirable cusp, indicative of a union between intelligence and understanding. In essence, these cuspians are likely to possess strong mental powers coupled with the priceless gift of comprehension. The chief characteristics of this blend are vigilance and caution...each step carefully weighed prior to being taken. The power of intuition inherent in these natives is truly quite remarkable and they rarely go amiss when they rely upon their own judgment as formulated by their intuition. There is an extremely keen and valuable foresight here in all matters of a financial nature and these subjects will work out in advance the most brilliant of schemes and projects which are then executed with total success. The minds of these cuspians are always busily engaged in devising plans for new enterprises and projects. These people seldom fall into the category of being "loners."

Physical:

Height: 5’8” in the morning, 5’7” after a hard days work

Weight: you’d have to be high to think I’m answering this

Hair color: currently, brown but have been known to go blonde

Eye color: blue and have been told they are my best feature

Things I find attractive on the opposite sex/first things I notice:

  • Hands – there’s something about a nice sized hand, not too hairy, well kempt that just makes me wish that hand was on me
  • Back – a nice set of broad shoulders tapering down to the waist….yes, please!
  • Eyes – there’s something about a smile that reaches to the eyes that puts me at ease
  • Someone with at least a modicum of drive in their life

Dating history:

Um, alright, I’ll say it – I’ve never really had a serious relationship. Which begs the question, why not? what’s wrong with you? In the interest of full disclosure because this blog, and the intent of this blog, is so that we can examine what dating in NYC is like I will tell you; I have a heightened fear of rejection that colors (read: inhibits) my dating life (or lack thereof). That’s not to say there haven’t been men, but nothing worth noting and certainly no one that’s been brought home to meet the ‘rents.

Why I’m doing this:

I decided that since what I’ve been doing isn’t working for me, that something had to change. And in light of the modernity and technological leanings of my generation, what better way to chronicle what will promise to be a fun/humorous/adventuresome path wrought with bad (and good!) dates than to BLOG about it!

Dating plan:

I have decided to explore ALL methods of dating. I am going to try my hand at:

· Online dating

· Speed dating

· Self-help dating books

· Blind dates

· Bars/social events

So, that’s me on paper! Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment